Friday, August 05, 2005

8 October 1999, Friday

Algebra is not a favorable subject for the majority. For one, you don’t see Algebra. You have a hard time finding the use of Algebra. The lessons are all abstract. This is why I find it hard to motivate my students. How can I make Algebra interesting? I find Algebra interesting, in fact it is my most favorite subject, because I like the intellectual satisfaction it gives me when I know I am doing the right thing. I am amused with the fact that you get an answer is really amazing. This is how my students today in class were. You can hear them say "Wow! Ang galing," or "Yehey." For the teacher to hear these comments especially in a subject that most people have a hard time understanding is something that can make you happy because you were able to make them understand. But most of all, they have found joy in learning. They have felt excited for math for the first time. This is the same feeling I had for Math and see how I am now.

What I still want to get across to my students is the fact that Math is also a subject that trains them to think and sharpens their thinking skills. Math teaches one to think logically because mathematical statements and properties are logical. This is the use that I want to imbibe in my students. This is the idea that I want them to always remember and they will always have the will to want to learn more of math. This mission is still far from being realized though. I know this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home