Friday, August 05, 2005

After four years...

since my last entry in my student journal, I feel like I am back to square 1. I was re-reading my accounts and I am amazed at the level of reflection I had when I was still a new teacher, and how much determination I had to really improve my teaching.

Not that I am not determined now, but more of I am taking my years of teaching experience for granted. Despite being a teacher for some years, I think I still ought to teach as if I were still a new teacher. I ought to still continue looking for means and ways to prop up my classes and motivate my students more. I think I have just become more "result" oriented rather than method oriented.

In a new school

Here I am also after five years, in a new school. I left Rosehill thinking that i could save more money if I stay with my parents in Sta. Rosa where I won't be too concerned for my laundry, food, and shelter expenses. I never thought I'd blend in in La Salle Canlubang. I have to admit, I got a it intimidated by the college students I saw during summer. I also got initimidated by the teachers who observed me when I did my demo teaching. I thought I'd get a culture-shock from teaching in an exclusive girls' school to a semi-elite co-ed provincial school.

Boy am I glad all my fears are actually unreal! I blended well with my colleagues and the students are not that snotty as I thought they would be. :)

To tell you honestly, in just two months, I already feel like a La Sallian. I felt like I've been a La Sallian all my life! Exagg? Maybe a bit but there is some truth to it. But! I still cannot take away my UA&P spirit. I still owe my university my whole life. I don't know what kind of person I would have become had I gone to my university of choice (i.e. DLSU-Taft!). I hope I can bring the UA&P ideals to La Salle. Get the best of all the worlds, synthesize, and voila, we have a collection of all the best practices. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home