Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Answer to my Question on Bad Words

Finally, I got everything cleared up about these bad words. Words are good when we mean the words based on their original meaning. Words are bad when we say them meaninglessly. For example, if I use s*** as an expression -- i.e. meaninglessly -- I destroy the original meaning of the word which is feces. The same goes with "damn it" (when we don't direct it to satan) or f*** (when we don't literally mean to f*** someone).

When we abuse (ab-use) words, we destroy its original meaning by losing them. When we abusingly use the word "love", we start losing the original meaning which is the giving of self freely to another person. For instance, when we tell our dogs "I love you, Peanut", we are abusing the word "love" because we cannot really give our whole selves to our dog as if we live for our dogs.

Pardon my being purist in this sense, but let's call things by their names. Let's help Mr. Webster by sparing him the changes in definition. :) In the name of truth, let's use words properly.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home